Monday, March 19, 2012

Research Protocol

For my field research i will be observing tigers at either Lincoln Park Zoo or Brookfield Zoo and hopefully will be able to talk to either a zoologist, wildlife ecologist, or biologist as well. I choose this because i find that not only hearing from an expert but actually observing it myself would be the best research to do for my project and will also help me to establish better credibility. I will go to the zoo and observe the tigers for maybe an hour or so. After doing this i will talk to someone from either of the three professions i mentioned above about the tigers behaviors being in captivity. I want to learn about if tigers go extinct in the wild and the only tigers left are ones in captivity how their behaviors will affect how they react to changes that bring them back into the wild to rebuild the wild tiger population, and how it will affect future generations of tigers.

1 comment:

  1. Good idea to speak with the experts at the zoo, but I'd like to read what questions you are going to ask, and who you will speak to.

    You should set up the interview before you go, of course, so you'll need the contact information, a list of questions for the person, and a day/time to meet.

    Please include that information in your blog.

    ReplyDelete