Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 21, 2012 Midterm

     Throughout Phase One I have learned much about how important the rhetorical situation can be in my writing. In the past I have always focused on what matters to myself and myself only. I only ever thought about my audience in one paper of mine, to appeal to their emotions. I would say that that paper I wrote, thinking about how my audience would react to what I wrote, was my best piece of work by far. For this project I am emotionally close to my topic and I have been focusing more on how I would like to get as much information about tigers out there as I can, but my problem is I am not thinking about my audience. Because I care so much about the topic I am disregarding, not purposely, how important the rhetorical situation is to my writing.
     
     I believe my main problem is that I am still researching to broad of an area and need to narrow it down even more to get more detailed information that will help me to choose a more specific audience and focus my writing even more. I noticed when I started writing my web-text I was having great difficulty with where I should start it and even what information was most important to put into it that I had to stop. I think I need to organize my research more in order to make my choices for the rhetorical situation even better and to help my audience really connect with what I am trying to get across. 
     
     As for fonts and colors I still have to choose some that I think will relate to my topic to make my audience connect with my piece. I also plan on using my images in this way as well. I feel that using images to appeal to the emotions of my readers will help them really connect to what I am saying and give them the same outlook as me on my subject, but I also know not to appeal to emotion too much because they might see my text as too extreme and not be interested in what I have to say. Throughout this course so far I have learned how important my decisions affect how people view not only me but my writing as well. These opinions will greatly affect how they will react to my writing. I want to make sure that they react in a positive way, or the way I want them to, in order to get my point across correctly. Utilizing the rhetorical situation in the right way will help me immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment